Overnight Blueberry Apple Bread Pudding
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes (plus overnight resting period)
Cooking time: 1 hour
Serves: 8 to 10
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cups chopped apples
- 1 large loaf french bread
- 3 cups milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Cut the loaf of french bread in half lengthwise and tear into large chunks. Lay the chunks into the bottom of the pan.
- Whisk eggs, milk, maple syrup and flavorings in a large bowl. Pour over the bread.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and apple pie spice over the bread layer.
- Pour the chopped apples over the bread chunks and push the apple pieces into the crevices. Repeat with the blueberries.
- Drop the butter in small chunks over the pudding.
- Cover the baking dish and store in the refrigerator overnight (8 hours up to 24 hours).
- The following day, bake the bread pudding at 350F (180C) degrees for about an hour, until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve.