Avocado Pie with Cookie Crumb Crust
Hasta luego, guacamole, hello no-bake avocado pie. The mouthwatering color and tropical flavor make this treat seem like a complex baking feat, but it’s actually quite simple! Prepare the crunchy cookie crumb crust first and set aside while you blend together the smooth avocado and yogurt filling. It’s a dessert (or breakfast, if you dare) quite unlike anything you’ve had, and sure to become a favorite during this avocado season.
Cookie Crumb Pie Crust
(yields 1 (9-inch) pie crust)
- 1 1/2 C fine cookie crumbs, ground but not pulverized
- 3 to 4 Tbsp white or brown sugar
- 1/3 C melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
In bowl, mix together cookie crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir in melted butter until combined. Press evenly into bottom of pie pan and at least 1/2 inch up the sides of the pie pan. Set aside as you prepare the pie filling.
Avocado Pie Recipe
- 1 (9-inch) cookie crumb pie shell, frozen (recipe below)
- 1 C mashed avocado
- 1 C Greek yogurt or cream (or 1/2 C yogurt and 1/2 C full-fat cream for added richness)
- 1 C white sugar
- 1/2 C pineapple juice
- 1/2 C orange juice
- 1/4 C lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp almond extract
Place avocado, yogurt or cream, sugar, juices and extract into blender. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into cookie crumb pie crust and pace in freezer to set.
Remove the pie from the freezer a few minutes before serving.