Granola Heart with Yogurt and Berries
Servings: 4 people
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ tablespoons chia seeds
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 generous pinch of salt
- 600 grams preferred yogurt (we prefer plain Greek yogurt)
- ¾ cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Powdered sugar, for generous dusting
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (338F). Prepare a heart-shaped baking mold, ours is approximately 8 x 8 inches. (20 x 20 centimeters). If not coated, grease with a small amount of melted coconut oil.
- Pour half of the oats into a blender and mix for a few seconds until the grains become fine.
- Mix the grated oats with the whole oat flakes, chia seeds, shredded coconut, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in a bowl until well combined. (You can add 1-2 tablespoons of soy, almond or coconut milk if it is not sticky enough.) Press the mixture firmly into the prepared mold, including along the edge.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the granola is slightly brown. Allow to cool completely in the mold, otherwise you risk the granola heart breaking.
- Before serving, fill the granola heart with yogurt and decorate with fresh berries and powdered sugar.
Tip: The baked granola heart can be kept in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks until ready to use.