Chocolate Avocado Banana Bread
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: approximately 50 minutes
Servings: approximately 10 slices
- 1⁄2 of a medium ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (make sure to use regular and not dutch processed)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 to 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180C). Grease the interior of a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a blender or food processor, add avocado, egg, vanilla and bananas. Blend until smooth.
- In a small bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon. Add to blender and pulse for about 15-20 seconds or until batter is smooth. Use a spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of mixer to make sure all the flour gets mixed with the batter.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Sprinkle surface evenly with mini chocolate chips so that it covers most of the surface. Bake for about 50 minutes. The top of the loaf should bounce back when pressure is applied and a toothpick inserted should come out clean (except for any melted chocolate that might get on it).
- When bread has fully cooked allow it to cool slightly before slicing and serving.