Blueberry Orange Cardamon Crostata
Serves 4 to 6
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 package premade refrigerated pie crust or homemade pie crust
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground cardamon
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 to 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coarse white sugar
- Heat oven to 425F (220C). Line a rimmed 15 x 10-inch pan (or cookie sheet) with parchment paper.
- Unroll pie crust in pan/cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix orange marmalade, cardamon and flour. Carefully fold in blueberries.
- Spoon mixture over crust to within 2 inches of the edge. Fold the edges of the crust over the filling, pleating the crust as necessary.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk with 2 teaspoons of water. Lightly brush the edge of the crust with egg mixture. Sprinkle the crust with coarse white sugar.
- Bake crostata 16 to 24 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Cool at least 30 to 45 minutes before serving.