Blueberry & Lemon Ooey Gooey Bars
Servings: 24 bars
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45-50 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, washed & dried
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180C).
- Prepare the crust by combining flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup melted butter to the crust mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the egg and milk and stir to fully incorporate. The mixture should be crumbly and evenly moistened.
- Evenly press the crust mixture into a greased 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish. Press down well so the ingredients adhere together well. Set aside while the topping is prepared.
- To prepare the topping, combine softened cream cheese, ¼ cup melted butter, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and powdered sugar and combine with electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour topping over the prepared crust and spread to completely cover the crust.
- Sprinkle the blueberries over the top of the filling.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. The cake is done when the topping has a light brown color. The topping should not be completely set in the middle as it will firm up as the cake cools.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar before cutting into bars.